Tuesday, March 26, 2013

16th Century Vietnamese Ceramics

For this blog I chose to talk about Vietnamese ceramics from the 16th century.  As I looked through many pictures of 16th century ceramics I kept coming back to the Vietnamese style. The atristry put into something as simply decorating a tea cup or tea pot is amazing to me, now a days when we look at something as simple as a cup we dont consider it as art we just consider it an item that we use everyday. But the Vietnamese seemed like they considere everything they use as a fuctional, piece of art that is used with great care. Personally I think we could use a lession from this time period; maybe then we would appreciate all that we have a little bit more.

4 comments:

  1. I love these pieces. I would have a collection tea cups. Its so beautiful and so fragile. I love the texture and the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceramic played an essential part between Vietnam and their neighbors during the feudalistic times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ceramics remind me of the Ming blue and white wares because of the blue paint, but this isn't cobalt and it doesn't have a symbol of a dragon on it.

    ReplyDelete